Friday, July 22, 2011

bits & pieces.




the past two weeks or so have been a little odd - random is a good word for it.
nothing of magical importance has occurred in my life,
but, things have happened.


1. My “Novels of Jane Austen” class has begun! With some awesome people like EmilyannElizabeth, and Valentine. For three hours Monday through Thursday, I get to discuss the world of the Bennetts, the Bertrams, the Dashwoods, and so many more of Jane's creations, with other Austen fanatics. It is a beautiful thing, and I love it.




2. I mowed the backyard - with the push mower, might I add.  Had it not been for my dad jokingly telling me that I couldn’t do it, I probably wouldn’t have finished it. After that comment though, I was utterly determined to prove him wrong. He probably did that on purpose… Thankfully my family was either not at home or otherwise disposed so there is no photo of me participating in this.





3. Where’s Waldo in Walmart on a Wednesday. I was invited by a new friend to dress up as Waldo and go to Walmart with a bunch of her friends. Incredibly fun and surprisingly entertaining. No pictures available at this time (:






4. Because my lab is quite the handful, she has already discovered a spot in the backyard where she has begun to dig, an attempt to get under the fence. From past experiences, we know that it’s only a matter of time before she succeeds.  She’s now spending a lot of time inside as a result, which means she has a lot of pent up energy. So, Grace and I are now taking walks, and when she doesn’t lag behind or when I’m not about to keel over from the unbearable Louisiana heat and humidity, we run.  As the couch potato pro of my household, it's weird. 







5. I went to the dentist, where Matthew McConaughey, the very handsome actor, gets his teeth cleaned. No, he was not there, unfortunately, but he gets them cleaned every three months – according to the dental hygienist who has a picture with him in the office.  No wonder his teeth are so gorgeous.





6. Now for a sad event. One of our four cats has gone missing. Simba, the sweet little trouble maker who every person who has ever come in to contact with him absolutely loves. I have since then made and abundantly distributed fliers around neighborhoods in our area. Hopefully he’ll come home soon. You can read more about my love for all my cats here.





7. There have been other little things which I don’t have pictures of:
- a tennis match between Nathan and some friends.
- a sushi outing!
- popping fire crackers in a bottle of water with Nathan (I have an awesome video but blogger is having issues with it, so maybe another time soon I can post it!)
- Waffle Cone Wednesday at TCBY. 


this has been a little bit of my life in Louisiana. 

2 comments:

Kendall said...

I have a cat named Simba, too! I hope you can find yours! :( He looks so sweet. So do does that puppy, my goodness. Adorable.

Anonymous said...

Yes, MC mowed the lawn, it is true - but I might add, she has only done it once now and I don't think she is pushing to do it again.