Sunday, July 24, 2011

baton rouge (with a french accent, like Pepe' Le Pew).

We decided to take a day trip to explore Baton Rouge! and as the title implies, whenever I think or say "Baton Rouge," I want to do it dramatically and sound all French-y, like the cartoon skunk I used to watch on Saturday morning cartoons. 



{we found an old battle ship on the Mississippi River.}




{momma!}




{I'm going to the circus on Saturday!}




{the old Louisiana state capitol building.}




{It was more like a castle.}




{gotta love a winding staircase and stained glass windows everywhere.}




{old architecture is too pretty.}




{even the floors were pretty.}




{I'm definitely one of those people who will readily get on the ground in a public place to get a shot.}




{after our little explorations, we went to Copelands! hello waffles & ice cream with banana foster.}




{favorite? do tell!}

5 comments:

Marianela said...

Love your waffles and ice-cream photo! Looks delicious! :D

Have fun at the circus!

Anonymous said...

Did you eat all of it? (waffles/icecream)

Mary Catherine said...

Thanks Nela! :)

and no I didn't eat all of it! we shared dessert; I never would've finished it!

Anonymous said...

Yes she did eat all of it. We didn't get any because MC ate it all. Dad

Anonymous said...

These are great:)