Sunday, July 10, 2011

moving madness.

So I'm now sitting on my mattress, on the floor, in my new room, in the new house, in Louisiana. 
YES! We've finally moved, and it feels pretty good. 
The animals are all a little whacked out; the cats wander around and cry all night long, and the dogs are still learning that they are not allowed on the carpet under any circumstances.
Unfortunately, all of our furniture and the majority of our belongings are still en route on the 53 foot semi truck that comes tomorrow morning - where a major explosion will ensue. 
Add to that insanity: I just heard my dad say that it's supposed to rain tomorrow. 
Here's the past week of my life.


It was so sad when the movers packed up my room. It took me almost a year and a half to get my room exactly the way I wanted it: with the brown paint that I adored, the new fabrics on the bed and chair, and my art and photos all over the walls. I wish I had thought to get a picture of it - it was pretty awesome. 


After two days of packing up the house, next was to load everything onto the truck.
It had to be BACKED into our driveway. I've had friends back out of the driveway, which was crazy enough, but no one's ever backed into it. And there's a good reason for that. 
Our house was on a major highway, which means that traffic had to be stopped during the 10-15 minutes the driver manipulated this monster truck down the drive. fun to watch, I gotta say.


It was impressive. 




They went fishing while the truck was being loaded, and came and said goodbye. It was sweet, and sad. 


The next day, we loaded up the animals and set off. 
Moving cats is not a fun thing. Especially in a nine hour car ride. 


Caleb, Grace and Buddy. 


Goodbye house. 






And I can't forget Tort, Nathan's rabbit. 


The view for ten hours. Nathan and my dad were in the u-haul ahead, with our mattress and select items we wanted to take ourselves. 


Hello new house. 
The move was and is a little insane, but it's really good to finally be here. 
for a little while anyways :)

On a side note, Nathan and I have been watching the women's world cup. And today, the United States against Brazil was the best soccer game I've seen in ages!! If you didn't watch it - go google some highlights. You will be amazed at these women. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great driveway-house is okay too!--Mina

Mary Catherine said...

Mina I can't wait until you come see it!
maybe by then all the boxes will be unpacked.