Friday, April 1, 2011

consider the lilies..

One of my greatest struggles is impatience. I so often want to know God’s plan for me - right here, right now. Forget waiting. It’s been on my mind a lot lately, especially today, and a friend and I were talking about it. She reminded me that God has a promised plan for my life.
And it is perfect, in His perfect time.
So I went and looked through some of the photos that I've taken in the past. And one of my favorite and frequent things to do with photography is to try capture God’s gorgeous details in the everyday life.
If God takes the time to care for the little things of the world, what makes me think that He’s not going to have an extremely lovely and intricate future for me as well? But even more so because I am His beloved child, made in His image. My future will be beautiful, because it's the plan He has laid out for me.  

"Consider the lilies," Jesus said, "how they grow; they neither toil nor spin.  Yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these.  But if God so clothes the grass of the field...will he not much more clothe you?  Therefore, do not worry."
Matthew 6:28-31




 

Mary Catherine.


3 comments:

Sam said...

i'm saving this to my computer and keeping it forever.
i love you!

Jared said...

These are awesome! Haha the center of the dandelion looks like a monster face! Two white eyes and he has a mouth too! La me gusta :)

Mary Catherine said...

hahah oh my word Jared...I now love that picture:)