Friday, April 8, 2011

hello spring!


Spring is my favorite time of the year.
 No doubt about it. The lovely flowers that appear out of nowhere, the crisp smell of the air, and even the loud birds singing who tend to wake me up a little too early sometimes. It’s all so new and fresh. But even so, it only lasts for a little while! And then it’s gone again.
Like the gorgeous Georgia peach blossoms, which I am so fond of – they’re only around for a few weeks before they disappear into a wash of green. Or how about last year, I neglected to take any pictures of my neighbors beautiful blooming iris before it was too late (not this year:)) Spring doesn't last near long enough.
In many of my dad’s sermons, after he reads a passage of Scripture, he often quotes Isaiah 40:8, which I’ve come to know by heart:
“The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our Lord stands forever.”
Far from fading, God’s word and covenant of grace provides hope to a weak people, giving us an assurance of life through His eternal promises. As pretty as spring may be with all its blooms, nothing compares to living in the knowledge and assurance of His love for and promises to us, which will never die.






3 comments:

Jared said...

Wow.. Insanely awesome! Beautiful colors!

Mary Catherine said...

Jared! these are pretty much the result of the tips and sites you gave me. hahah so thanks for inspiring/motivating me to do more with my photos!

Anonymous said...

GREAT PHOTOS!!

And please visit

Happyflowerdesigns.blogspot.com