Sunday, August 21, 2011

turtle on a fence post.

Alright, yes, blogging has resided on a very cold back burner as of late. There's just always something that needs to be done! Schedules, buses, cleaning, laundry, homework, food, sleep...
and then I would like to have a social life. Juggling it all is going to take some getting used to.
Classes started Monday; I'm learning to love it, despite the ever on-coming stress and exhaustion.  

I live in a high rise dorm, in a cubby of a room, with a smidgen of a closet. 
It's becoming cozier with time..


My roommate, Laura, sleeps and studies on the left side. Me on the right. 


Pictures and posters help the cozy factor a lot.. 
And see that blanket on hanging on the bed? 
I knitted that. Yes, I did. Nathan and Grayson, yours are coming, in time. 


I've been told that I'm the clean roommate.
A little scary, I must admit.


So there is my room! Tour is over.


Yesterday, I went out and bought a fish!
His name is Oscar. 
I'm missing my menagerie of pets at home - and the dorms only allow us to have fish. So, Oscar is my attempt to fill the void. He adds a little something to the room. We have name tags on our doors; we plan on making one for him as well. 


I'm loving being an art major. 
Like in my Drawing 1 class, all we've drawn so far is cups.
Simply awesome. I can't even begin to explain.

I should probably explain the title of this post, though.

I'm a turtle on a fence post.

Basically, if you see a turtle sitting on a fence post, obviously, you know that the turtle did not get there by himself. Someone had to put him there; he couldn't do it on his own and can take no credit for it.

By His grace, God has put me here - for His purpose. 
I know that I will never fully understand the gravity of His blessings.
But I can't wait to continually find them anew and abundant in my life. 


-Mary Catherine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are missing you my dear daughter. By the way, I found a typo in one of your descriptions...... Love you! Dad

Anonymous said...

Geaux Dawgs! Geaux Tigers! Reauxll Tide! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Leigh back in Americus! We miss you, but it looks like you're pretty well off! Lots of love from St. Andrews!
And your cup drawings are amazing! It sounds like your classes are really fun. :)